Penguin Plunge at Stratton Mountain
Saturday, March 25, 2017 • Stratton Mountain Resort
Welcome to the 2017 Special Olympics Vermont Penguin Plunge at Stratton Mountain. On behalf of the 1,500 Special Olympics Vermont athletes, Unified partners and their families, thank you for braving the icy waters. Your fundraising efforts help break down barriers for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and provide life changing sports training and competition opportunities. To learn more about all of the programs and opportunities that Special Olympics offers visit www.SpecialOlympicsVermont.org.
To register for the Penguin Plunge, click the blue button above. Follow the steps to complete your registration and create your own personal fundraising page. Returning Plungers will notice we've upgraded to a new online fundraising platform. Follow these steps to set up your personal fundraising page and begin fundraising!
- After registering you will receive a purchase receipt email thanking you for registering. Next, you will receive an email titled "Your fundraising page has been created." Remember to check your spam/junk/promotions folders!
- You have five days to claim your fundraising page before your password expires and requires a password reset. Open the email titled "Your fundraising page has been created" and click on the blue "Visit My Page" button.
- Enter your username and password. If you are unable to remember your username and password, click "reset password" and reset information will be sent to the email address you registered with.
- Edit your page, add a photo, and share with potential donors!
All Plungers must pay the registration fee and reach the fundraising minimum to participate.
$100.00 fundraising minimum (+ registration fee)
All Plungers will receive a Penguin Plunge winter hat and towel at the event. Plungers who raise $500 or more are eligible for fundraising incentives.
Special Olympics Vermont wishes to extend a heartfelt thank you to the North Bennington and Bennington communities who for more than a decade, supported our North Bennington Penguin Plunge event. Under some of the coldest Plunge conditions on record, these communities rallied to raise funds and awareness for athletes with intellectual disabilities. Please join us this year at Stratton Mountain!
A special thanks to:
The North Bennington Fire Department
The North Bennington Winterfest Committee
Sullivan Bus Lines
Matt Morse Excavating
This is Why We Plunge
Special Olympics Vermont is part of a global movement that works year round to foster acceptance and inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities by using the power of sport to showcase their gifts and abilities. Special Olympics opportunities are available to individuals with intellectual disabilities of all ages and their families at no cost. Your participation in the Penguin Plunge helps us raise critical funding that supports more than 1,500 athletes and Unified partners as they train and compete here in Vermont and on the national and world stages. A few highlights from 2016 include:
- Chris Mitchell, a Special Olympics Vermont snowboarder from Rutland competed with Unified Partner and pro snowboarder, Chloe Kim, in the 2016 X Games Aspen Unified Snowboarding Dual Slalom event.
- Vermont will host training camp for all 210 Special Olympics USA athletes and coaches at Killington and Castleton University in December, 2016.
- Athletes and coaches from the Bennington softball team traveled to Raleigh, North Carolina to compete in the Special Olympics North America Softball Championships